Dove Knits

Thursday, March 30, 2006

In progress: Short'n'Sweet, Thuja

Soooo I bought the Happy Hooker book. It's my only crochet reference/pattern book, although I have about 10 for knitting! Can you tell where my loyalties lie?

Anyway, I like pretty much all the tops in it! So I started on "Short'n'Sweet." Here is what I have so far:



I think it's coming out quite nicely. The yarn is Aunt Lydia's Denim, but I'm thinking I might scrap it and start over in Shine the next time I place a Knitpicks order.

And because I'm addicted to socks, I started Thujas Tuesday night, and last night I finished one! They go FAST.



They're in Wool-Ease, and they're going to be a Christmas present for a friend. I had started a reversible scarf and hat for her (in the very same Wool-Ease), but the scarf came out horribly. I apparently can't do Fair Isle quite yet. So I think she's getting nice yellow socks instead!

Actually, now I'm looking at the scarf again, and maybe it's not so bad. A wash and block might help...So maybe she'll get a scarf and socks.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooooh, pretty! I like the short-n-sweet! I looked at my sister's Happy Hooker while I was home, and even though I really don't like crochet I admit I was pretty tempted!

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Angela said...

Soooo... did you finish your Short n Sweet? Looks good so far.
Angela 'La Vonne' Best

 

Post a Comment

<< Home