Dove Knits

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Oh, and

I'm not going to finish my dad's vest. I mean, I could do it, I guess, but why stress myself? I have other gifts for him, and his birthday is in March, so I'll give it to him then.

See, last week, I wasn't home before 8 on any single night. Two nights in a row, I came home after 10. I was out all of Saturday. So, very little knitting got done, of course. This week is not looking much better -- out every night until Friday. So while I COULD force myself to stay up knitting every night to finish, I'm just not going to. Besides, if I hate the design now, I won't be able to do anything about it.

Very slow progress on everything else. Santa is still in pieces; hopefully I'll start piecing him together tonight and have him finished by next week. I'm almost done with ONE of the FOUR pairs of socks for my in-laws. I'll have the drive up there and a few days OFF to work on those, of course.

In other news, I baked some really great cookies last night. They were cranberry-orange, and the recipe called for whole oranges pureed, rind and all, in a food processor. It was fun. It did not call for cranberries, but I have about two pounds of dried cranberries that I won't eat (don't like 'em), so I threw those in, too. The result? Moist, cake-like, and very orangey cookies. Occasionally you hit a piece of rind, but it's kinda candied from baking and tastes good.

(Oh, and the recipe is from The Cookie Bible.)

3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Laura B said...

You're definitely making the right decision. Knitting should be fun, not stressful. :)

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

The cookies sound devine. And it's not good to stress out on knitting ... no reason you can't set it aside. We put the pressure on ourselves ... so it's good that you've drawn the line and decided to do it later. Good for you! Good gosh, look at all that you do anyway!!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

I agree with laura b - knitting shouldn't be work! but i get this way aound the holidays, too... so much self-induced stress. good for you for deciding to wait to finish it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home