Dove Knits

Monday, June 02, 2008

Portland pullover

Ever since I saw the Portland Pullover in the 2006 fall issue of IK, I knew I had to make it in my mohair. So, two years later, I finally did:



I really like this, a loosely knit fuzzy sweater shaped by gradually decreasing needle sizes (from 15 to 13 to 10.5). A very simple, mindless knit, round and round and round in stockinette -- perfect for a brain-dead grad student. I don't think I made a single alteration to the pattern, either, which is a bit unusual for me.

And it's warm and fuzzy, too! So what if it makes me look 30 lb heavier?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger Mary said...

It looks like a nice sweater to just snuggle into. Very pretty color!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Aunt Kathy said...

That looks so soft, sounds liek a sweater pattern maybe even I could handle.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

You are a knitting MACHINE! When you do you sleep, girl? :)

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Mmmmmm, everyone needs a comfy sweater (rather like a stylish sweat shirt) to cuddle up in! Great job!

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger craftivore said...

THREE finished objects since I last checked in with you, school's out for summer!!! They all look so simple and so fast. I think the Portland Pullover is my favorite. I have Fitted Knits but haven't knit anything from it yet, I can't seem to fixate on any of the patterns.

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like it will be great this winter -- soft and warm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home