Dove Knits

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Checklist update

So. I guess I've been kinda scarce around the blog, huh? I promise I have a good excuse! See, I finished my writted PhD dissertation, submitted it, and defended it today -- all went great. (Yes, that does mean that I am now, unofficially, Dr. Dove!). I also went and interviewed for a post-doc position, and got it, so now I have a job for next year. We're currently looking for a place to live, and I'm frantically finishing up my experiments in lab. Oh, and Holy Week (the week before Easter), we spent alot of time in church.

Of course, all that's great, but it does mean that the blog got a bit neglected, as did my reading of your blogs. However, I have a ton of knitting and yarn-related stuff to share with you, so here's something to start us off:



We Orthodox Christians celebrated our Easter last Sunday (Christ is risen! Indeed He is risen!), so I dyed some traditional red eggs, and since it was a shame to waste all that vinegary, deep red dye, I threw in the remainder of my Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool.

Unfortunately, the yarn dyed alot better than the eggs did. Check out that color! It's a very, very deep pink, almost fluorescent and very bright, with some lighter spots for interest. The eggs, on the other hand, turned out leopard-spotted. Oh well -- people ate them anyway.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Congrats on finishing your dissertation! You must be so happy to have that behind you!

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Bea said...

Congrats on finishing the dissertation. I imagine that is a relief.

I saw the eggs and I thought they were grape tomatoes. So they are at least red in your photos. The eggs and the yarn look great.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOO! Congratulations, Dr. Dove.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Congratulations and best wishes!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Great photo! Congrats on finishing your dissertation and already getting a postdoc position. What an amazing day for you!

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations! What a great accomplishment... you should be very proud!

I also thought the eggs were tomatoes! You got the color just right :)

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger craftivore said...

Congratulations Dr. Dove! I love how casual you sound about handing in your dissertation and defending it.

The red of the eggs is amazing. I thought they were plum tomatoes.

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ummm, hello? CONGRATS! I love how you mention finishing, defending and getting a post doc all in the same breath, like "I went to the store, bought a button, and came home and sewed it on". WOW!!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Sara said...

wow, dove, congratulations!

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Philigry said...

that is such an accompolishment! you have been busy. glad to see you are back though! congratulation to you! that is wonderful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home