Dove Knits

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Spring goals

I've been getting awesome baby pattern suggestions for my contest -- keep 'em coming, guys! You still have a week left! Some of your suggestions have already made their way into my Ravelry queue.

Speaking of contests, Ali is having one of her world-famous goals contests. So in an effort to get organized, I figured I'd enter and post my goals here for all to see. Maybe that'll keep me motivated?

As far as knitting goes, I need to:

1. Finish Burridge by April 5th for my BIL's birthday
2. Finish the pajama teddy (even if it's without a robe for the time being) by March 30th
3. Knit my mom's jacket by Mother's Day
4. Knit something for Warm Woolies, because I can, and because I can't stand the fact that there are freezing children out there when I have tubs full of wool
5. Write up patterns for the green striped sweater and Ricky's sweater (I have to write up this one, because L will kill me otherwise)
6. Knit up a super-secret project!
7. Finish an outstanding UFO -- Lucky, maybe? Or maybe Mystery stole?

It doesn't sound like alot, does it? Well, consider my real-life goals:

1. Finish my dissertation by April 4th
2. Have a committee meeting to decide what's wrong with my dissertation
3. Defend my dissertation by the end of April
4. Correct and submit my dissertation by May 9th
5. Finish experiments and submit my paper
6. Find and interview for jobs
7. Pack up the house
8. Find a place to live
9. Move
10. Go visit my family sometime in there
11. Spend as much time with my Chicago friends as I can before I leave

What are your goals like? Better yet, don't tell me here -- go enter in the contest!

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Wow, I'm impressed with your goals. Even I couldn't keep up with a list like that! Of course I might have a long list but in no way can I imagine finishing everything I would like to finish ... something always seems to come up. Or I get lazy.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

that's one hell of a life to do list. Where in cleveland are you guys looking to move? (I'm not trying to be a creepy stalker I was just wondering...)

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm tired just reading all the stuff you have to do. Goodness!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Those are just your Spring goals? I guess you don't eat or sleep and you're able to multi-multi-task!

Good luck with them all!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger aksunflour said...

Good luck w/your goals. You seem to have a lot on your plate.

I too have entered Ali's contest and have posted my goals.

Got here through Ravelry.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger knittingpanda said...

Good luck with your goals and thanks for your info on the contest I entered also.

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Philigry said...

wow! you have a big to do lisst. i will be checking in to see how you are doing! good luck!

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Good luck! I remember after I completely finished my master's thesis and it was approved, I started crying. I think this was a combination of relief and going to miss something I'd spent 18 months on. Good luck with your dissertation!

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger craftivore said...

Goals?! Mainlining caffeine might get about half of that accomplished. The thesis alone might flatten me. BTW, I tagged you with a meme.

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Susan Pandorf said...

Goals?

To make the most of each day and die with my in-box full.

Hey! At least I won't be bored..

Blessings!

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Alison said...

Hey- great list! Just stopping by to let you know you've been picked for the second place/runner up in the spring knitting goals contest! Yay! Woohoo! Congrats1

If you'd care to send your address, I'll get a little something out the door and on it's way to you in the very near future. You can e-mail me at ali@skeinsherwayDOT com

Congrats again,
hapy knitting-
ali

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Alison said...

You were so good about sending me your address right away... but I think I must have accidently deleted it, as I can't find it anywhere now...
Ugh, if you'd be so kind as to resend, I'm getting packages ready today after I get out to pick up more yarn goodies! (I live in e tiny remote village (slight exaggeration) and don't get into town every week (that part's true))

Congrats again,
happy knitting-
ali

 

Post a Comment

<< Home