Dove Knits

Monday, September 25, 2006

Finally, some knitting

I've been so busy with other projects -- namely cleaning everything in sight -- that I haven't done much knitting. Just as well -- I'd have no tendons left in my hands had I kept up my crazy knitting pace!

Here are the things I HAVE done:

-Organized all cupboards and drawers at my house
-Lots and lots and lots of laundry
-Washed 20% of my windows
-Cleaned the living room
-Finally framed and put up wedding pictures! (You know, 15 months later...)
-Oh, and knit these:


They're house socks for my friend J., who is expecting in November.

Yarn: Knitpicks Swish (LOVE!)
Needles: Boye DPNs, size 3, set of 4 (including the bent one that ran into a recliner)
Pattern: Cabled sock pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks; cable with moss stitch panels pattern
Notes: 12 rows of 1X1 rib, plus 1 cable repeat (8 rows) formed the cuff. A regular flap-and-gusset heel and easy toe were used. I reversed the cable on sock #2 for symmetry. They're about a half-inch too short for me, because J. has a smaller foot.

Also on the needles is this:



It's the elephant from World of Knitted Toys. I actually have the head made, but I ran out of stuffing. The body took a whopping bag and a half of stuffing! I need to get over to Joann's and get more. But this sucker is HUGE! Over a foot long, and about a foot tall. Crazy!

Also, I have discovered I have floors. What a crazy concept!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lucky person J is! The socks are lovely.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Melinda said...

Even in its headless state, the elephant shows its cute potential! (That *is* an amazing amount of stuffing.)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

And you said you didn't do any knitting! Nice socks tho. Wish somehow I'd develope the "cleaning bug" ... my house sure needs it ... and it's just hasn't be happening while I have needles in my hands!!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Those socks look so cool! That is a very lucky recipient. I'm totally going to try the Swish now that you have endorsed it. Oh, and thanks again for naming my cat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home