Dove Knits

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas countdown

First off, happy birthday to my beautiful, amazing, wonderful husband! I love you so much.

I feel alot more relaxed about my decision not to make my dad's vest. Otherwise, I'd have to stress about finishing my grant, getting things done at work, cleaning, packing, sending off Christmas gifts, AND knitting. With all of my current obligations, it just could not happen (this week was another crazy one -- home after 8-9 every night).

So I'm calmly working on socks for the in-laws. I have 3 socks completed, out of 4 pairs.

First, ones for my father-in-law:



These are both completed, but I still need to weave in the ends. I'm digging the color and the pattern.

And one completed one for my mother-in-law:



They're both in Swish, following basic patterns from, well, you-know-where.

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great looking socks. I like the basket weave pattern a lot.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Dove.

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Nice in-law socks!

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your husband! I'm absolutely stunned by the socks you're doing, they look so amazing! I can't for the life of me pick a favorite, they're both equally gorgeous! Great job!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Kary said...

wonderful sox!! And HB to DH!!

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Wonderful socks! I'm amazed that you've gotten so much done and even after getting home so late at night. Do you sleep?

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen you work from the Livejournal community and I have become a fan of yours. You do excellent work! I promise that I'm not stalking you:).

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Anny said...

Wow! You've been busy ;0) I love the socks for your father-in-law. That pattern looks like it would be stretchy and cozy. Love 'em!

And kudos for teaching your husband to knit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home