Dove Knits

Thursday, October 25, 2007

...And still more baby knits

Now that Twig has received her non-grandkids' stuff, I can post it!

These are for a set of fraternal twins, a boy and a girl.

So, for the little guy:



A henley-type sweater I made up on the fly. It reminds me of a lumberjack's jacket :) This came out really little, but I think it would fit him. The buttons are sky-blue, not white. The stitch pattern is Sailor's Rib from Barwara Walker's 2nd Treasury.

For the little lady:



A raglan cardi, pseudo-EZ percentagey, obviously made up as I went along. I can't remember the exact name of the stitch pattern, but it's one of the brocades. There was a similar baby sweater in Vogue a few months ago, I think.

Both sweaters are in Caron Simply Soft.

I've seen Saartje's bootie pattern (PDF) all over Blogland. Now, usually, popularity is enough to turn me off a knitting project. Not on purpose, but it just kinda so happens -- I rarely fall in love with a very popular pattern, although there are exceptions to that trend. But these booties are just so cute. So, so, so cute. I've been dying for a chance to knit them, and I got it! And I certainly did not regret it -- this pattern is wonderfully written and even illustrated for your convenience! And goes so fast -- I knit both pairs in about a day.




Because they're twins, I made them matching. Because I'm cheesy like that. But they're not identical, see?



I made these in leftover Swish, and I had to change the pattern a bit to make them work with the yarn. I cast on 25 stitches, I think, and only knit 8 rows straight instead of 10.

Finally, I had to make hats to match:



Just plain ol' little garter stitch hats, knit flat and seamed (not very tidily, alas), in Swish.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

How sweet! I especially like the red sweater - perfect for a little boy. Lucky babies!

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh, such magic, all of it! Esp. the tiny sweaters, too adorable...

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

The sweaters are sweet, but the booties are just adorable. Too cute!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

What wonderful baby things! Especially the contrasting colors in the booties and hats. Sweet!

Oh, and that's the King Charles Brocade. It looks great in your baby sweater!

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Ok the hat/bootees inside out stripes combos are really awesome. Matching but not quite... perfect. The sweaters are fab too!

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Family W said...

Wow, all of your projects look great. I'm currently knitting a rolled brim baby hat in the round, but I have to say that the way you made your hat there sounds easier to me. This is my first time knittig in the round as I've only ever knitted on straight needles. It's taking some getting used to.

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been able to get good pictures like you have. Thank you so much. They are absolutely cute! I love that bootie pattern. I've seen it all over the web and it is just as cute as I thought it would be.

The chocolate box is empty though. Don't know how that happened. *wink*

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your baby knits are just the cutest, that's for sure! I especially love the booties, but also the sweaters are truly adorable! Great work!!!

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh Tanya,

I love the blue and the brown and the booties--so clever how you reversed them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home