Dove Knits

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Eye candy cupcake Wednesday

What better way to celebrate eye-candy Wednesday than with a plate of cupcakes?



You can read the whole story behind the cupcakes here.

For those curious, I used this cupcake recipe, which had a pleasing texture but was very bland. I "frosted" these with whipped cream that I whipped, and overwhipped because of the heat, and filled these (using the cone method such as described here) with fresh strawberries. A few hours before filling, I diced the berries and sprinkled them with sugar, letting them macerate in the fridge.

As I've said, though, the cupcakes were disappointing -- too bland, and the strawberry filling didn't help the "lid" to stay on. But I had some uniced ones left over that we just spread Betty Crocker chocolate icing on, and that worked a bit better. And the strawberry burst in the middle was very refreshing and nice.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

MMMM I am a serious cupcake enthusiast...lovely pic even if they were a tad bland:(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home