Dove Knits

Monday, May 14, 2007

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

...it is a duck!



I finally got my butt in gear and finished off the duck-surprise for my good friend's baby, E. I saw the pattern in Fiona McTague's Knitted Toys, and couldn't resist. He's such a folk-art style toy. He just had to be made.

Speaking of butts, his is a different color from the rest of him:



I was running out of my the yellow, so I found a nicely coordinated lighter yellow in my extensive acrylic stash. The undersides of the wings are like that, too.

As you can guess from having read my blog before, it's all in Simply Soft acrylic. The feet are Perfect Match, and the gauge is slightly off, but, eh, it worked out:



I knit the body in the round, as always, but followed directions pretty much to a T for the rest of it.

Anyway, I'm pretty happy with him. He's soft, too.

I forgot what all I was going to say on here...

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Anny said...

Love it! And I think it looks more charming with the different colour under the wings and bum ;0)

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, saw this on LJ and didn't realize it was you. It's adorable!!!!

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

How sweet! I love the big feet!

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Dave said...

Very cute!

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Dave said...

P.S.: The link to your pattern for the world's warmest hat goes to the comment page, not the pattern. :-(

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

That is adorable!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

So cute! Just like the rest of your knitted toys. :-)

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's cute!

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

You' ve been tagged! CHeck my blog for details!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Oh my goodness--that little guy is so cute! I love his little tush, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home