Dove Knits

Friday, July 06, 2007

Baaaaa!

Yes, I, too, have succumbed and joined the Mystery Stole 3 KAL . I haven't started knitting it yet, of course, but I'm excited to begin.

And also, a manifesto:

(Somebody hum "America the Beautiful." Or "O Canada." Or "Old McDonald.")

My dear readers, I have been remiss in blogging, and I feel that this must change. The blogosphere has suffered greatly without my adding regular knitting blather to its ranks. And we can't have thinning in the blogosphere, now, can we?

With this in mind, I would like to introduce to you A Format. A structure, if you will, for my future blog posts. This will allow you, dear readers, to count on several weekly posts from yours truly, as well as to allow you to skip material you may not find interesting.

So, the following format will henceforth be followed, unless there is a Good Reason not to:

1. WIP Mondays: this is self-explanatory. The status of my current projects will be discussed, with pictures when possible. The weekend will allow me to take pictures, so this is why WIP day is placed on Mondays.

1. Eye Candy Wednesdays: This will include, well, anything that I feel like showing you that is also aesthetically pleasing. It will usually pertain to knitting -- pretty yarn skeins or books, pictures of old FOs finally modeled by their recepients, etc. In particular, this will include the Cute Kid edition, with pictures of all the Cute Kids I knit for showing off their knits. But this may also include things like the botanical garden shots from my last post. Just anything pretty, because there's just not much blogging time during the week!

3. Free Speech Fridays: This can be anything -- anything craft-related, that is. FOs, future projects, stash-flashes (that didn't make it to Eye Candy Wednesday), book-coveting, more WIPs, whatever. If it's craft (and usually, craft = knitting in my case), it'll be here.

Of course, this doesn't mean that I'll never post on a Tuesday. But this is the format I'd like to try sticking to, just to discipline myself to blog and document my work. It's for my own good, really. Of course, there will also be Mondays when I just have nothing to show, or Fridays when I'm out of town. But, in general, this format will be observed.

Thank you for your attention.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Me too! I really don't need another project on my list but I can't help myself. I love your shawl from the previous post. Very beautiful.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Oh, I'm in the MSA as well... I really need some structure in my knitting life ;)

 
At 9:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I may be the last knitter on the net not to be in the MS3 knitalong.

Good luck with your schedule.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love the new format, go for it!!

 
At 9:19 AM, Blogger Tusa said...

I somehow (thankfully - I think) missed that one; so I will keep a look out for yours.

And the format - well done for getting organised. I look forward to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home