Dove Knits

Monday, June 11, 2007

Twinkle, twinkle

In my recent stash diving adventure, I found a UFO that I'd left to stagnate for a year or so. It was taking up most of a box, and I had been knitting it out of a baby sweater I'd started and was frogging.

So I pulled it out and finished it:



It's the Little Star afghan that was ubiquitous around the crochet community for a while. My mom found some fluffy yarn at Big Lots, and I couldn't think of anything else to make with it. That's the white and pink stuff you see here. Those two colors didn't give me a big enough blanket, so I added some Bernat Baby Boucle, from a baby sweater I became disillusioned with.

So, yeah. It's done. I'm not sure whom I'll give it to.

And I can't resist putting up this picture of Baby Niece wearing the the Trellis I made her:



I also tried to buy sock yarn today, but the store didn't carry any solid-colored sock yarn. I was sad.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

I love baby posts!!! The blanket is so sweet, and your niece is a superb Trellis model - everything must look darling on her!

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I think Trellis is next on my list, I've seen so many cute ones recently. Yours is adorable!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Nice blanket! That Trellis looks mighty fine on your niece.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Heather said...

What a cute blanket. I've never seen one in a star shape before, but can totally picture a toddler waddling around, hanging onto a corner of it! Your Trellis turned out beautifully, too! That's definitely on my knitting wish list!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

What a great little baby blanket! So cute and I also can see a little one carrying it around while twirling one point under his/her nose while sucking their thumb. M-m-m-m, who did I know that use to do that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home