Dove Knits

Friday, July 20, 2007

Faceless

But otherwise completed:



Here's Mary holding baby Jesus. The way I caught her sleeve on her gown, she can't actually hold him, but he'll be in a manger anyway (which is what I'm knitting now).

I think I'll be ok for finishing the nativities. These two figures only took a couple of hours, and they really don't have that many pieces. Mary consisted of the body and head, which I knit in one piece; two sleeves; two hands; and the headpiece. So a total of six pieces, and making her up was record-fast -- maybe half an hour. The Baby was a body and head knitted in one piece, and the headdress (those are not arms. That's just the headdress.). As always, everything I can knit in the round, I do. You have no idea how much seaming that saves!

I need to find my black yarn and embroider the faces, obviously.

I've also been busy baking:



Deliciously sandy sugar cookies decorated with colored sugars by me and a friend. The recipe is pretty basic, but I got it from Mary Engelbreit's Cookie Recipes, which I can't seem to find a link to. This weekend, I'm takling almond-chocolate sandwich cookies from the same book.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Maybe I'm a freak, but I think they look really cute w/o faces...nice work!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Heather said...

As a fan (and collector) of the Willow Tree angels by Demdaco, I also think Mary and Jesus look great as-is! However, I have seen parts of the Nativity completed on another blog and the faces do give it a finished look.

Great job!

 
At 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Mary with the Baby Jesus looks so cute, even without faces - great work indeed!

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

The nativity set is going to be so sweet! I like 'em without faces for a primitive homemade look too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home