Dove Knits

Monday, July 16, 2007

There once was a Mary

Who looked like a shoe:



This is how far I got with the Nativity scene I'm making for the in-laws. I figured I'd start with Mary, just in case I only get that far. Oddly enough, she's halfway done here! Only the Baby/manger, Joseph, wise men, shepherds, and sheep to go! And the Husband says that his grandparents will want one, too. Oh well. I still have time before December!

(Guess what yarn I'm using. Just guess.)

The Lucky cardigan is progressing nicely. Nothing really to say or show - it basically looks the same. I'm almost up to the sleeve shaping on the back.

And the third clue for the Mystery Stole came out Friday. By 2am Saturday, I was done with it. It's coming out so pretty!



Sadly, no new clue this Friday because of Harry Potter 7! Yes, I am a HP fan, and have the book ordered, so there may or may not be an update next Monday.

Labels: , , , ,

8 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I understood that we get 2 clues this Friday to make up for not getting one the week after. If that's not true, I am very sad because I'm not reading the Potter Book right away until next month or so.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Veronica said...

I'm always blown away by your toys (not that the Nativity is really a toy, but same construction...). I think my favorite part of Christmas was setting up our Nativity; my mom had painted and antiqued all the figurines and dad had built the barn.

Obviously I'd be very late to the party on the Mystery Stole, but it's looking good! Maybe when it's done I'll have a go. I need to finish some other projects first, though.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Your Mystery Stole looks terrific. I would have liked to join, but have too many other lace projects going. One more, and I'd probably be committed.

I can't wait to see your complete Nativity scene, esp. the sheep!

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are CRANKING on that Mystery Stole, it looks fantastic!

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MS3 is gorgeous.

Caron Simply Soft?

 
At 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, this looks so cute! Quite a lot left for you to do, but as you said, there's still a couple of months left till December!
I love how your stole is coming along - this is going to be a real piece of art!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Beautiful Stole! I so wanted to join MS3 but I looked into it too late! I'll just have to live vicariously through you :-)

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Reading your list of "to knit" items, I realized I'm not as ambitious as I thought! I only have 3 or 4 items on my list of things to knit before Christmas, and that overwhelms me! I can't wait to see how your nativity (nativities) turns out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home