Dove Knits

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Squares!

I decided to make two of my exchange squares for the month out of my hand-painted. I'm quite pleased with how they came out!

This is just a knit-and-purl pattern.


Twisted stitch lattice pattern. I think it shows off the handpaint wonderfully, and I loooove twisted stitches. So easy, but so much texture.

(By the way, both stitch patterns are from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury.)

In other news, I took the Brown Line to work this morning, rather than my customary Red. The Brown Line drops me off right in front of a craft store, and you know I can't resist a craft store. So I went in.

The store carries a very crappy selection of yarn, and it's overpriced ($3 for Wool-Ease? I think not! I got mine at Joann's for under $1.50!), but they have a wide range of hooks and needles and other notions. They carry tons of sizes of double- and single-pointeds and circulars, as well as a great selection of aluminum and steel hooks, cro-hooks, and afghan hooks.

So I bought:

-Two cro-hooks (double-ended, long crochet hooks for crohooking), because I know a bit of Tunisian crochet, but have never tried cro-hooking and am curious. I got sizes H and J, figuring I'd use worsted-weight yarns...

-A pom-pom maker (you know, plastic circles to wrap yarn around), because, while I can make my own of cardboard, I used to love my mom's plastic ones when I was little. I made little pom-pom creatures and dolls and stuff. Great fun.

-One of my knitting books had some cute bead-tatted jewelry, so I bought a plastic little tatting shuttle and two little balls of tatting yarn (in purple and yellow). Because y'all know how much I need another addiction hobby.

2 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Ooh, those display your hand-dyed yarn beautifully!

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like those squares, especially the twisted stitch one. And what in the world is crohooking?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home