Dove Knits

Friday, May 05, 2006

FO: Mom's lace scarf

I finished and blocked it last night!

Whole thing, draped over that damn chair on my porch:



And a detail shot:



Yarn: Knitpicks Shadow in Jewels
Needles: US size 6
Pattern: Thistle Leaf Lace pattern from Barbara Walker's 2nd Treasury, with garter stitch borders
Start date: April 29th, 2006
Finish date: May 4th, 2006

This was my first completed project in lace-weight yarn, and my first experience blocking lace. It's also the gift for my mom for Mother's Day, and it's ready to be shipped on Monday!

In other news, I've gotten alot of progress done on the shawl, which now measures 2 ft down the center line. I want it to be just short of 3 ft, and then I'll cast off and do the border. I'm guessing that 3 ft down the center means that it'll be about 6 feet in wingspan. We're going out of town tonight, so I'll be in the car for 12 hours this weekend, and guess what's coming with me.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

That's really beautiful! I'm sure your mom will love it. (I still have to finish my Mother's day present... whoops....)

That shawl looks like it's going to be wonderful, too.

(And besides, you needed some comments over here!)

 
At 9:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO gorgeous. Wow!! I'm so amazed. Great work!

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's purty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home