Dove Knits

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A knitting year in review

Well, it's the last day of 2006. Unlike Americans, Russians make a big deal out of the New Year. That's the big gift-giving holiday, and everyone has decorated trees and throws parties. We're no exception -- a bunch of folks are coming over tonight and exchanging presents, and we did our family gift exchange last night. I gave my mom the Santa Claus, and he was a huge hit!

Anyway, this has been a good knitting year. It was my second year knitting (I started briefly before Christmas of 2004), and one in which I learned alot.

I managed to complete 46 projects this year -- that's almost one a week! Of them, I had made:

-One adult sweater
-Three adult shrugs
-One lace shawl
-Two scarves -- one lace and one not
-Twelve pairs of socks, of them two for babies, as well as two unmatched socks and a pair of baby shoes
-Three hats -- one baby, two adult
-Seven baby sweaters
-Fifteen (!) toys
-One pair of baby mittens
-One little satchel

I also have two pairs of socks and two sweaters as UFOs right now.

I think the project I'm most proud of is the lace shawl -- I salvaged it all by myself! The sweater was a disappointment -- I hate how it fits, but I think it's my figure more than the sweater. And my most favorite and fun project has got to be the Cinderella!

This was a year of Firsts -- my first adult garment. My first adult sweater. My first lace shawl, and my first completed project in lace-weight yarn. My first pair of socks that fit! My first written-up original pattern.

This was also, of course, the year I first started my blog!

I definitely feel like my knitting has come a long way since last year, and that my knowledge and skills have improved. Of course, there's still a long way to go! And I'm looking forward to 2007's knitting!

Now, tell me: how was YOUR knitting year? What did you learn? What was your favorite project? Least favorite? Greatest accomplishment? Worst disaster?

6 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that Kimono sweater and think it looks nice on you.

We're at good points in our knitting lives -- I started a few months after you in March 2005. We have enough experience that we're ready to branch out into all our "firsts" but still new enough that there are a lot of "firsts" to get to.

Happy New Year to you.

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Marietta said...

that is an impressove ;lidt - ireally cannot say that i finished much of anytihng - started lots....just not into the finishing :)

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Ok, 46 projects completed?! That is quite an accomplishment!!! Happy New Year!

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, 46 finished items! I'm impressed. I didn't finish nearly as many, but I did finish a lot of firsts--first knitted toy, first adult cardigan, first pair of adult socks. (I tend to start with the baby versions of things and work my way up. :-)

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually like the sweater alot. It may be that you're not used to seeing yourself in that style, but the sweater is lovely.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

OMG!
酒店懶人包

 

Post a Comment

<< Home