Dove Knits

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy blogaversary to me!

Unbelievable -- it's already been a year since I've started this blog. It's been fun.

What better way to celebrate than to show you my latest WIP?




It's a teddy bear. It will eventually be a pajama teddy bear with bathrobe, from Debbie Bliss's Teddy Bears. I just couldn't resist all the adorable details, like the pockets on the PJs. So I'm making her for my best friend's birthday. It'll be late, and that's ok with both of us.

If the yarn looks familiar, it is. I was left with nearly 4 extra skeins of Wool of the Andes from my dad's vest (which he received and liked, by the way), so this is sort of stash-busting, except the yarn hasn't sat around long enough to be a stash. But anyway, this teddy neatly took care of three of the skeins.

Her PJs are going to be Caron Simply Soft in grape, and I'm making them pinstriped rather than plaid because that would leave me with far, far too many ends to weave in. I also knit the teddy herself in the round, combining pieces and ignoring DB's instructions to break off yarn and restart again, because I didn't want to end up with a mess of pieces like I did last time (scroll down). The PJs are being worked similarly, and I'm not too thrilled with them at the moment, but we'll see.

I'd have a blogaversary contest, but, frankly, I have no prize ideas. On the bright side, since I have a loyal but small readership, just about half of you would get prizes if I did have a contest! Oh well, maybe another day.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 8:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Aaaah, a BLUE bear. So cute!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I LOVE teddy bears!!! Happy Blogiversary!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Laura B said...

What a cute bear! Happy blogiversary!

 
At 3:40 AM, Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Happy blogiversary!!!

What a sweet bear :) And go you for your thrifty use of almost-stash! I have baskets on baskets of yarn leftover from projects, so I should take a page from your book! Will we get to see a modeled shot of the vest?

 
At 4:23 AM, Blogger Kary said...

HaPpY Blogdom! AND what a cute teddy. N~joY!

 
At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary! And I *adore* that cute little teddy bear!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Chelsey said...

Happy Blogiversary!! He's sooooooooooo cute!!!!

 
At 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from one Windy City knitter to another! I was wondering where you find all your toy patterns! If I'm not mistaken, you had an adorable Santa posted over the holidays and I know I've seen others here from time to time, right? I love to knit things for my son, and all the other many kids in my life. Your toys are so great. Any links/patterns you can share?

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

Happy blogaversary!

Your teddy bear is adorable. (And high five for knitting it in the round despite pattern instructions!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home