Dove Knits

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Quickies

1. What the HECK was I thinking, starting an adult-sized sweater in fingering-weight cotton on size 2 needles? What? The? Heck! I cast on for this thing a month ago, and I just got the back done. And I still have the sleeves to go! Must find out if I can do the sleeves in the round; might very well be possible. And then, of course, the assembly, knitting the neckband, etc. I see now why people grow to hate Lucky. I'll be lucky (get it?) if I finish this before I've gained or lost such significant amounts of weight that it will no longer fit.

2. Just in case you were curious about what pattern Mom picked from the Giant Swatch of DOOOM , it was the snowflake lace.

3. Measurin', calculatin', and ramblin' on Mom's lace jacket coming soon. Don't worry, you get to be with me every step of the way -- oh joy! I'm a bit nervous, designing, but I did do it once before with Dad's vest, so I think I'll be ok? Of course, this jacket will involve sleeves. Must read up on sleeve cap shaping.

4. Mystery Stole clue out today! And I still haven't finished the last clue! Slacker! And...I'm totally confused about Clue 5! YAY!

I'm tired....

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Veronica said...

And I was thinking of making something Lucky-esque. But I've lived through 2 sweaters on #3 needles, so going down one more step shouldn't be that bad, right? Haha. We'll see about that.

Sleeves are the only thing holding me back from design, too. It can't be that hard, right?

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Heather said...

No, you're not a slacker, you've just been slightly busy putting others (mom) ahead of yourself! Good luck designing - I'm sure it will be the perfect gift!

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An adult sweater in fingering weight yarn??? That's enough to drive a person to drink!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home