Ugh, moving. I'm not a fan right now. My house is half-packed and half-messy, and the half-packed part makes it difficult to correct the messy part. That's really the part that gets me the most about moving -- having all those boxes everywhere, unable to get at stuff easily and having that quiet chaos in the house.
But, in two weeks, it'll all be over, and we're right on schedule, so it's all good. Except that someone broke into our house on Friday and took my laptop. Thankfully, that was the only theft of any consequence, but darnit, I'm mad.
Anyway, in happier news, Ali over at skeinsherway is having a Summer goals contest that y'all should check out.
Here are my goals:
1. Finish the Lover's Knot afghan for my in-laws.
2. Finally make the Mystic Waters shawl.
3. Make a pair of socks. I have all this sock yarn, and haven't made a pair in ages.
4. Finish one of my UFOs -- mystery stole, or Lucky, or something.
5. Write up and self-publish the pattern for the red sweater seen here.
6. Finish sewing the dress I'm making for my friend S's little girl (oh yeah! I've been sewing! More about that soon.)
7. Finish sewing the skirt I started for myself last winter.
And as for my real-life goals (which I'm thankfully better at completing than my crafting goals):
1. Graduate on Friday
2. Pack up the house
4. Unpack the house
5. Go on a long-awaited vacation with my husband!
6. Start new job mid-July.
7. Explore yarn stores in Cleveland.
How about you?