Dove Knits

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer goals

Ugh, moving. I'm not a fan right now. My house is half-packed and half-messy, and the half-packed part makes it difficult to correct the messy part. That's really the part that gets me the most about moving -- having all those boxes everywhere, unable to get at stuff easily and having that quiet chaos in the house.

But, in two weeks, it'll all be over, and we're right on schedule, so it's all good. Except that someone broke into our house on Friday and took my laptop. Thankfully, that was the only theft of any consequence, but darnit, I'm mad.

Anyway, in happier news, Ali over at skeinsherway is having a Summer goals contest that y'all should check out.

Here are my goals:

1. Finish the Lover's Knot afghan for my in-laws.

2. Finally make the Mystic Waters shawl.

3. Make a pair of socks. I have all this sock yarn, and haven't made a pair in ages.

4. Finish one of my UFOs -- mystery stole, or Lucky, or something.

5. Write up and self-publish the pattern for the red sweater seen here.

6. Finish sewing the dress I'm making for my friend S's little girl (oh yeah! I've been sewing! More about that soon.)

7. Finish sewing the skirt I started for myself last winter.


And as for my real-life goals (which I'm thankfully better at completing than my crafting goals):

1. Graduate on Friday

2. Pack up the house

3. Move

4. Unpack the house

5. Go on a long-awaited vacation with my husband!

6. Start new job mid-July.

7. Explore yarn stores in Cleveland.


How about you?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Blogger Tusa said...

Wow!

Knittingwise - mine is currently to finish my Forecast...

Also wanted to drop by and let you know that I have a free Elizabeth Zimmerman book on offer. Come visit me and see.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Thanks! I just listed my goals also. Knit on.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Cant wait to see your fo's.Hugs Darcy

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have similar knitting goals: Finish blanket for my future husband, make more socks, finish my shawl and start another one, and possibly make knitted flowers for my wedding.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Hmmm... there's been talk of a yarn store crawl around cleveland sometime this fall! I'll have to let you know when/if it happens!

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO! That's horrible about the break in. Glad it was only the laptop and no one was hurt, but that really sucks anyway.

 
At 12:44 PM, Blogger Melinda said...

I'm sorry to hear that your laptop was stolen--getting broken into is an unpleasant experience no matter how much or how little gets taken.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home