Dove Knits

Monday, May 08, 2006

Big Purple Blob!

I spent most of the numerous car rides this weekend knitting the shawl. I went through one complete skein of Shadow and most of a second, and I think I've finished my very last pattern repeat. I say "I think" because I'm not terribly sure how big this sucker is. Before this last repeat, it was about 29 inches long, unstretched, down the center symmetry line. If lace grows 30%, it'll be almost 40 inches after blocking. Plus there is an edging that goes around the shawl.

So I might end up with a Ginormous Shawl. Which would be ok, because I'm tall and not the thinnest person ever. But at the same time, I'm not sure how much I like Ginormous Shawls.

But since I'm not too sure how much it will grow, and since I didn't want it tiny, I decided to do as many repeats as I did. A big shawl is better than a too-small one, I think. I'm aiming for about 3 feet long and 6 feet wide. Right now, it's 29 inches long. Edging will give it...3 more inches, I think. Blocking might give it as much as 6 more inches.

We'll see. Wish me luck.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home