Dove Knits

Thursday, December 06, 2007

New directions

I've been dying to try my hand at quilting for a while. Pretty cottony quilts have been popping up on so many people's blogs, and they're just so sweet and cheery even when sophisticated.

It didn't help that I found a big huge quilting book on sale over Labor Day. And bought it. And drooled a puddle over it.

So this was bound to happen eventually. I grabbed my Joann's gift certificate, and a sale later I was the proud owner of this:



A Friskars cutting board, ruler, and rotary cutter set, and some quarter flats. I know they're not the fanciest, bestest fabric, but it'll do just fine for my first quilting attempt, no?

You know you want to see the fabrics up close:





My husband picked out this set. I love the way they go together.


I haven't yet decided if I will use all of them in one big quilt, or just use the trios to practice making squares. We'll see. Right after Christmas, and right after all my outstanding (meaning unfinished, not wonderful) gift knitting (Mom's jacket, BIL's Burridge) has been finished, I shall quilt.

Also: I collect erasers. If you've ever wondered what an eraser collection looks like, you can see for yourself here.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger Dipsy Doodle said...

Awww - these fabrics are ever so beautiful, I'm so in love with all these different colors and designs and can't wait to see your quilting project(s)!
As for the eraser collection: Stunning. Absolutely stunning and extremely impressive!

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about starting a quilt. Maybe it's something in the air.

twig
http://www.mapleontheweb.com

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I have that same cutting mat set, and I tell you it changed my life! I used to hate cutting pieces, but this makes it go SO fast. Good luck on your quilt!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love all 3 sets. Very nice. I have to wait until I retire to find some time to quilt. Besides ... I would have to dig out my sewing machine from under all my wool. ;-)

Eraser collection ... I never thought of that. M-m-m-m, they're cute too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home