Dove Knits

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm alive, really

Well, I guess I dropped off the face of the earth for a bit there, huh? I guess moving will do that. Were all moved, unpacked, and settled in Cleveland, and I've started my new job, so all's going well. I haven't knit a thing in three weeks until today. Really. Not a stitch.

Good thing I have enough crafty material from the past, huh?

So today I'm showing off a sort-of ensemble I made for my friend S's little daughter. First off, a dress from the same pattern as the toddler dress in my last post:




And secondly, a sweater made in Plymouth Fantasy Naturale (which I won!) from their free pattern:



Not alot to day except that they're all yellow, and the dress was my first time trimming something with ribbon with any degree of success. I'm not a fan of that pattern, though. It's hard to make it neat.

9 Comments:

At 6:10 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

They're both so sweet! Hard to say which I like better.

Congrats on getting moved and settled.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Glad your move went well. It's always hard to get back into a routine after something like that!

Love the outfits - very, very cute!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Aunt Kathy said...

Glad to see you are settling in and at the new job already. Hope those knitting needles start clicking for you real soon too.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

That dress is so cute - great job with the ribbon trim, it looks very neat! And the sweater is also adorable - your recipients are lucky!

Moving is always a stressful time, and you can never find anything, everything's a mess... I'm sure once you're settled back into a routine you'll be knitting up a storm

 
At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to cleverland! I just have to pimp the stitch n bitch I'm in a lil here...http://knitting.meetup.com/1220/ we meet all over the area and it's a lot of fun. great group of knitters :)

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Glad your move went well! How do you like Cleveland so far?

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Tusa said...

You did well. They both look lovely. Pleased your move was a success. Until next time.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger KR said...

Oh they are both so precious! The dress is so bright and cheery and flowy.... and the sweater!!!!! SO sweet! :)

Kristin
Reclaiming The Home

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Philigry said...

wow! you have been crafting away!
congrats on the phd!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home