Dove Knits

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Good and bad

Good: The body of the shawl is completed.
Bad: The edging has me stumped. I actually contacted the creator, and will sit down and try to figure it out (read: make it up) tonight.

Good: I learned the two-handed Fair Isle technique! Which means I also kinda learned to knit English. It's not nearly as difficult as I thought, and my biggest problem is establishing tension.
Bad: The project I was two-handing, these socks, came out too small. I discovered this after starting the foot of the first one. It does not fit over my heel. Fair Isle just isn't elastic. I'm not sure what I'll do, though, because it will fit fine as is over my ankle and foot. Maybe I'll increase just around the heel. I don't know. In any case, it's been frogged. Shame, too -- it was looking good and I was enjoying working on it.

So I cast on Jaywalker instead. It's pink and purple Merino (Knitpicks Sock Memories in Grandma colorway), so what's not to love?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home