Dove Knits

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Looking forward

Oh, man, the preview of the fall collection from Garnstudio is up.

So I'm going to go into great detail on each model :) Ready? Ok:

A-156: Eh, it's ok. Not something I'd spend on yarn for, but not God-awful, either.
A-157: Cute, but what's the point? Throw on sleeves, and I'd wear it, but it's something I can get at the store.
A-158: Intriguing, but wayyyyy too baggy. Maybe a fitted version?
A-159: See above.
A-160: I like it, but I'd want it less boxy.
DD-002: Not in those colors, but I'd wear it. Maybe won't knit it, though.
DD-003: I like it, but it would be awful on me.
DD-004: Rainbow Vomit!
EE-057: Eh
EE-084: Ugh
EE-085: Ugh!
EE-086: Why, why all the damn vests???
EE-087: What did the perfectly good afghan ever do to them to deserve such butchering???
EE-088: What's with the variegated sleeves? Whu?
EE-089: For a vest, it's less hideous than some others. But that's not saying much.
EE-090: I like the cables, but, seriously, why the variegated sleeves? WHY???
EE-091: I like it. If I didn't know that it would look horrible on me, I'd wear it.
EE-093: Now THAT I'd actually make and wear.
EE-094: On the to-make list, definitely.
EE-095: Potential future project. In fact, a very likely project.
EE-096: Interesting, but there was another one similar in the previous issue.
EE-097: Like the cables, not so much the sweater.
HH-047: No. Not AWFUL, but no.
HH-048: I like the circle cardi I'm making better.
HH-049: You already know my opinion of vests.
HH-050: No, please, no!
M-053: Wouldn't make it.
M-054: UGH!
O-236: I like shrugs, and I like this one, but I wouldn't make it -- too similar to the Paris shrug.
O-271: Ugh
O-272: What's the point? I like the lines of it, though.
OO-054: Not bad, and a possible candidate for using up my mohair.
OO-057: How very Star Wars. I like it, oddly enough. (And, no, I'm not a Star Wars fan.)
U-509: If it were a little less bozy, I'd make it.
U-510: I like it. I'd prefer it with sleeves. However, it is a bit too plain and store-bought looking.
U-511: See above, except not quite as plain and store-bought looking. Might make it, with sleeves.
U-512: Might make it.
U-513: Might make it, without the cuff and collar ruffles (oddly, the front ruffle doesn't bother me!).
U-514: Eh.
U-516: I like it. I liked it in Happy Hooker, though, too.
U-517: No...
V-024: No!
V-032: What the hell IS that?
V-033, V-034: UGH!
V-035: Oddly, I like it. Wouldn't make it, but it doesn't make me reach for the bleach, either.
V-036: Seriously, people. Enough with the ugly.
WW-016: Blech.
WW-017: Why so long?
X-308: I like it, but not a definite to-make thing.
X-309: Cute, but too boxy.
X-310: Eh, too boxy.
X-311: Um, yeah, no.
Z-222: I'm intrigued! I might have to make it...
Z-221: I like it. Clean, simple, classic. I might need to make it, despite the store-bought look.
Z-223: A vest even I'd consider.
Z-224: Not bad, but I'm a sucker for a nice cable. Maybe.
Z-225: Not bad, but I'd rather make EE-094.
Z-226: Not bad, might make it, even as a vest.
Z-227: The length ruins it.
Z-229: Cute.
Z-230: Cute, but wouldn't look good on me.
Z-249: Eh.

REgarding the rest of the patterns -- what's with all the identical crocheted slippers? I like some of the scarves (the scarf in Z-231 and E-101) and none of the hats, and the shoulder capelets (EE-099) are nice, too, even though I hate ponchos. I like the bags, and the shawl (Z-232) is lovely. I like the neckwarmers, especially Z-240, Z-238, and X-312. I like the socks, too, but it's hard to screw up socks...

And there you have it -- Dove's view on the new Garnstudio catalog!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home