Dove Knits

Friday, June 02, 2006

When we say it, we mean it

See, I finished Short'n'Sweet, and it really was short and sweet. Easy pattern, NO seams, and took a weekend and a few hours to finish.

Here it is, all sunlit and stuff. I didn't block it, so it's a touch lumpy, especially thrown onto a chair.



Here's a nice look at the stitch itself. The color here is also very true to life -- so nice and rich and brown, mmm. I think it's also the only item of brown clothing that I own that isn't pants/skirt.



This is the most accurate shot I could get of it being worn. Of course, I was trying to take the pic of myself while wearing it (Husband was sleeping, and I was impatient), so it's still not great.



As always, the specs:

Pattern: Short'n'Sweet, by Angela "Lavonne" Best, from The Happy Hooker.
Yarn: KnitPicks Main Line, 80% cotton, 20% wool. About 7 skeins.
Size: Medium.
Modifications: Almost none. I made it a touch longer (half a pattern repeat).

By the way, I loved working with Main Line. Very soft and smooth and easy on the hands. Which i good, because I have another shrug to make with it.

Still no progress on anything else. I ripped out and restarted the scarf. But otherwise, I've been too tired and depressed to knit much...and if you know me, that's probably a cause for concern! Nah, not really.

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

That is very, very cute. One of these days I'm going to have to learn how to read crochet patterns....

 
At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I really didn't realize how much
you knit! :-p

Nice job :).

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Anny said...

Lookin' good! And I love the colour too! Sigh. I wish I could be a hooker ;0) I've tried and tried and tried but it's just not happening for me. I have lots of crochet hooks but sadly they only get used to fix up knit ladders!

Thanks for the review on Main Line, too ;o)

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That's beautiful! I've been wanting to make this, and now you've convinced me. Although did it really take SEVEN skeins??

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Angela said...

The Short n Sweet looks great, I love the color! Angela La Vonne Best

 

Post a Comment

<< Home