Dove Knits

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Limey

The completed crochet baby jacket. I actually finished it within a week of starting it. Amazing what happens when you make yourself work on only one project until it's done.


(That's my favorite childhood cookie...a Russian almond cookie. It was in the yarny care package my mom sent.)

The plastic heart buttons left over from the stripey sweater:



Pattern: V-neck crochet jacket from Gifts from Heaven: Baby Sweaters to Knit and Crochet
Yarn: Red Heart Baby in lime. Because mint green is just not my thang, although I have used it.
Hook: Susan Bates aluminum Size F
Started: May 13th, 2006
Completed: May 20th, 2006

I'm not crazy about it. It might turn back into yarn. I never thought I'd be a yarn snob, but having worked with mostly natural fibers the last few months, things made in acrylic just seem fakey. Although I still maintain that acrylic is good for baby items. It's washable, and since the kids grow so fast, it doesn't need to be expensive. Ah well. The other sweater I'm making, the Trellis, is in nice merino, and the stripey sweater is a washable wool blend. So I guess I broke my own rule :)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Anny said...

I'm becoming a bit of a yarn snob too ;0) BUT with all of the acrylic in my stash, it'll be a while before I can free myself from the fakey stuff!

As a newish mom though, I can tell you that the wash and wear of acrylic is definately a bonus. And I've aslo found that the more it's washed, the better it feels. Maybe Limey just needs a little soak before you can fully appreciate it. It turned out really cute!

(Plus, if you frog it, you'll just have more acrylic in your stash!)

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home