Dove Knits

Monday, June 12, 2006

Sunlight

Work really sucked last week. Well, actually, it was good, and I was very into it, but I was there alot. I normally do the 8-9 hour work day, go in for an hour or so on the weekends to get myself set up for the week. Which isn't alot for a grad student. Last week, though...

My laptop's monitor died Saturday, with my presentation for today on it. Thankfully, we saved it, and all was fine, but it all fell into the Unnecessary Stress category.

So today, the day of my First Truly Professional Presentation, I wasn't going to hurry. I opted for getting as much sleep as I could, waking up at 8. I took my time getting ready. And while I was doing that, I was struck by the sunshine and the colors in my work basket...



They're just such rich colors. The deep purple of the shawl, the bright electric blue of the circle cardigan, and the calm, soft green of the cabled scarf.

Right above the work basket, I have the stack of sweaters for my niece and her little brother or sister, and the sun was lighting them so prettily:



Ahhh...

My presentation was stellar.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Blogger Cornellian said...

Sneaky sneaky. I found yoooou ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home