Dove Knits

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Still no knitting content

First off, Christ is risen!

Secondly, last week was Holy Week in the Orthodox church (well, actually, all Christian churched). So I was never home, between working days and going to church every night. Needless to say, not much got knitted.

I don't know. I'm just not knitting as much lately, and I can't figure out why that is. I don't think I'm all that busy, but apparently, I am! Really, only four FOs in four months? Unheard of!

I guess I'm close to being done with my friend's teddy bear. I ran out of the yarn I was using for her bathrobe, so I had to wait until I went and got more. I have all the pieces to the pajamas knitted and need to assemble them. I have the back and one front of the bathrobe knitted, as well. I still need to knit the other front, the sleeves, the pockets, and the belt, and assemble the robe. Finally, I need to make the slippers.

While waiting for the trip to the store, I started on a super-secret project for a dear friend's baby girl. I've seen her read this blog, so I'm not gonna go into specifics until I'm done and she receives the thing.

Speaking of super-secret things, I have decided that I am going to design, write up, and submit a project to Knitty (or Magknits). I have the design in mind and the yarn at home, and an adorable little model all lined up. I can't go into specifics, but it's a baby item...I think that's safe to say. I'm aiming for the June submission deadline -- wish me luck!

4 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Good luck with your design! How exciting!

Don't feel bad about not getting much knitted. I have been a complete slacker until recently.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Lots & lots of luck going your way. You'll do great!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Have fun with the pattern and good luck with your submissions--go for it!!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Good for you for submitting a design!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home