Dove Knits

Friday, December 14, 2007

Baby shrugged



Finally a knit to show y'all: a baby shrug/bolero by Debbie Bliss (pattern here) out of my last ball of Classic Merino Wool in royal. Solid red trims.

Not much to say about this one. I'm not crazy about the color pooling, but I think it's cute anyway. It'd be even cuter with a baby inside.

I knit it in the 12-18-month-old size, but my gauge was so loose that I followed the 6-month old sizes. It seems a little big, still, but DB likes her baby knits loose, so I think that's why.

Not alot else to say. I'm very tired: I'm trying to write up and publish my research (and finish said research) so I can graduate in June. When not at work, I'm scrubbing down my house, because my parents are coming to visit at the end of the month, and I've gotta get it all done by next weekend. And, of course, I'm finishing Christmas gifts. Thankfully, this was one of only 3 knits I planned. Burridge is getting left until my BIL's birthday in April, so that's a bit less of my plate. So, yeah, very tired.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Bonnie said...

It's lovely!

May you finish everything you need to do and get some rest, too.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! I hope you get some time to relax before your company arrives.

http://www.mapleontheweb.com

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Really cute and I'm sure it will fit! I think pooling is something that only the knitter notices, because that word didn't even cross my mind until you mentioned it!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger Family W said...

I think it turned out adorably! In regards to gauge... any advice or shortcut you know of for determining it? Or do you just have to sit there and knit a swatch every time? I know I should be more patient, but I'm always so excited to get on with whatever project I'm taking on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home