Dove Knits

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And now back to your regular knitting content

Now that I finally feel well enough to knit, I can't stop!

I've made many things, actually, though some need some sewing to be complete, and will post those soon. But first, something I've been meaning to knit ever since I first saw it: Knitty's Sheldon!

I mean, he's just so cute. A turtle! With a big head and a removable shell! Squee! But I never got around to knitting him until now, for a friend's daughter's birthday. My friend loves turtles, so I thought this would be perfect.

And he did not disappoint:



I even followed the directions, and used the yarn called for: Knitpicks Shine Sport.



And here's the famous removable shell, removed!

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger craftivore said...

Adorable! I love the shaping on the neck.

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Aunt Kathy said...

Sheldon is adorable... nice job

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Super cute!!!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Elevation Perception said...

this is so cute! the removable shell is the icing on the cake!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

He is an absolute love, I'm sure your turtle obsessed friend will just die when she sees that:)

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Klazane said...

Too cute! I love the removable shell. :D

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Anna said...

With a removable shell! Now that is some serious cuteness.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger ponyknit said...

He's adorable! Love it!
Congrats on the news, a girl!

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Philigry said...

i love it! so cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home