Dove Knits

Monday, November 10, 2008

Tiny sweater, but not for me yet

Thanks, everyone, for the congratulations! Naturally, Mr. Pizza Cutter (my husband), and I are very excited about having our first baby. I'm excited not least because now I have more excuse to knit baby stuff!

I'm only 7 weeks along so far, so we still have a long ways to go. I'm also in the midst of that early pregnancy yuckiness -- nothing too bad, but I do feel queasy often, and I'm tired all the time. Oh, and the food aversions are fun. Gnarly the Bellydweller decided that we're still vegetarian and refuses to eat meat. Or even think of meat. Gnarly is now trying to do the same thing with cheese. I'm putting my food down on this one. I happen to love cheese.

Thankfully, Gnarly does enjoy knitting, and I tend to feel beter when I'm knitting. Which is good, because I got the annual phone call from my mom, wherein she yells at me for not making more sweaters for my nieces.

I had no choice.

This sweater is based on Elizabeth Zimmerman's percentage sweater, with a round yoke embellished with a stitch called Flower Garden from Barbara Walker's 2nd Treasury. For the yarn, I used Elann's Pure Alpaca that I won from Natalie of Keeping Me in Stitches a while back. Size 4 needles seemed to yield nice fabric, so that's what I went with.

The soft, buttery yarn, the cardigan styling, and the soft color all produced a very vintage-looking cardigan that I hope one of my nieces likes.



I think that Natalie would be proud of me for recycling these mother-of-pearl buttons off an old blouse. Don't they complete the vintagey feel?

7 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! And yay for vintage buttons. I wish I had more from my grandmother's stash.

 
At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I completely missed the last post you made so I didn't even realize you were pregnant. Congratulations!

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

That's such a cool stitch - it looks like flowers! And the best thing about knitting little things - they're done so fast!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Jennie said...

sooo precious!!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Share said...

OK, I've spaced out and missed the post announcing it too...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

And it's a beautiful sweater and looks sooooo soft! They will love it!

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

It's a beautiful sweater! I hope you're feeling well - the first trimester can be pretty unfun. And it's so awesome you feel better when you're knitting! Knitting made me puke for awhile there - that was super unfun.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Philigry said...

love the sweater! sorry you are feeling a bit yucky! it gets better, i promise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home