Dove Knits

Friday, May 19, 2006

From Russia with yarn

My mom (who loved her scarf, by the way) just got back from visiting my brother and niece in Russia. When she got back, she sent me a big box of Russian treats, and she used this as padding:



The top four skeins look like variagated sports or DK weight, in a VERY soft 75% wool/25% acrylic. Each skein is 400g.

The bottom skeins are unlike anything I've ever seen. It's basically white, light mohair with black chunks of fluff thrown in. I'm not sure what the fiber content is, as the label is in neither Russian nor English.

She also sent a big ball of unidentified black yarn.

I'm rich! Mwahahaha.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Anny said...

If you ask me, that's the best kind padding there is! I wonder what the white and black mohair stuff was intended for? Can't wait to see what you make with it ;0)

And OMG, your Jaywalkers look amazing. Imagine my surprise to find out they're knit with the wonderfuly priced sock memories! It seems everyone's been knitting them with unaccessible yarns (to me anyway). But the sock memories looks wonderful. Did you alternate balls to avoid pooling or did they behave all on their own?

Cheers!

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Veronica said...

Hooray, those are all beautiful. I love when I get stuff packed with yarn!

Good luck finding out what to make with it... I don't have any good ideas right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home