Dove Knits

Monday, December 08, 2008

Another niece sweater

Since I have two nieces, I couldn't very well just make one sweater!

This one is completely different. It's a seamless bottom-up raglan with a split neck to go over big baby noggins. The cable pattern is "Balanced Rings" from Barbara Walker's 3rd Treasury, which I finally own (squee!).



The yarn, is, of course, Paton's Classic Merino, from my seemingly never-ending reserves of it.

In baby news, I'm at 11 weeks! I'm showing a little bit, and still feeling crummy -- crummy enough not to knit, in fact. Not that I'm too sick to, but I'm just sick and tired enough not to want to. So I've put just about all my Christmas knitting on hold and am buying gifts instead.

7 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Ugh the too sick to knit phase is no fun at all! Hopefully that doesn't last for very long for you... Adorable sweater!

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger craftivore said...

Yeesh, I always thought the first trimester was the worst. Hang in there, it gets much better after the 14th week. The sweater is glorious, I hope niece appreciates it.

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Aunt Kathy said...

Love the sweater. I wish I had someone to teach me, I'd love to make one.

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

The sweater looks great! You are awesome at all things cabled. That sucks about not being able to knit - but maybe it has been a blessing in disguise, taking the stress of holiday knitting away!

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just stumbled across your blog via Molly's Close to Home. First, congratulations on a new life inside of you! Second, you are an awesome knitter! I want to one day learn how to knit (one day being when I am not in my dorm or library studying for exams). And third, I hope the yucky phase passes soon. Feel better!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Have I congratulated yet on your your news? It's possible that I did and forgot...In any case, really happy for you and that little red sweater is indeed adorable!

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sweater! And the book.
I've always wanted to be 7 months pregnant for a day to see what it's like. But there's no way I could ever survive labor and delivery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home