Dove Knits

Friday, May 08, 2009

Pardon our dust

If you've scrolled through my blog recently, you probably found a whole bunch of broken picture links. This is because, in a fit of misdirected nesting, I moved all my photos around in Photobucket. One of these days, I'll get around to fixing them.

Anyway, apparently being pregnant does not agree with either knitting or blogging for me. I haven't knit as much as I normally do (you know, my frantic several-pieces-a-week pace), but, more unfortunately, I just haven't cared to blog about the stuff I have made, either. So here is a feeble attempt to rectify that, because, by golly, I HAVE been knitting some, and the world needs to know!

This is the first sweater I knit for my daughter. I know, it's totally not girly. I started it before knowing whether Gnarly would be a boy or girl. Plus, for handmade stuff, I'd rather stick to more gender-neutral things, since I'd really like to pass them down to my next kids.



Anyway, the pattern is from Continuous Cables, which I cover badly. Such beautiful motifs! Oh, I just swoon. The yarn is, of course, Paton's. I actually whittled that stash down pretty well with my baby knitting, as I'll show soon.

This was a nice and quick knit, since most of it is just reverse stockinette. I omitted the bobbled border, because, well, I didn't like it.

It'll be a while before this fits her -- I think it's a 12-month size. I figure it'll be fine her first winter, though, when worn over clothes.

By the way, I'm 33 weeks today. So hard to believe that in as little as 5 weeks (and hopefully not less!) I'll have a gorgeous little model for my knits!

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At 2:21 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Good idea to make gender-neutral knits - you want to get as much use out of them as possible! Good luck with your final weeks of pregnancy & I hope everything goes smoothly!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger craftivore said...

Very cute sweater! I'm glad you popped in to post.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I'm all about gender neutral baby knits as well--love this! And good luck!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Adorable sweater! i'm so with you on the gender neutral knits...

anyways I hope your last few weeks are going well!

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

酒店經紀 酒店小姐 酒店經紀公司
台北酒店工作 台北酒店經紀人 酒店兼差 台北酒店 便服店 禮服店 酒店 酒店工作 酒店上班時間 酒店上班薪水 酒店上班內容 現領 當日領
打工兼職 打工兼差 酒店營業時間
酒店經濟 酒店面試
酒店兼職 酒店公關 酒店上班 台北酒店上班 酒店打工 酒店工作內容 酒店pt
酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服店 酒店 經紀 打工 兼差便服店 台北酒店經紀 酒店薪水 酒店工作內容 酒店時間 酒店經濟 美式餐廳 台北咖啡廳 永康街咖啡廳
2015/08/27

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

好吃.好吃美食.小吃.美食.咖啡.咖啡豆.烘焙咖啡.餐廳.主題餐廳.基隆好吃.基隆餐廳.基隆美食餐廳.基隆餐廳推薦.基隆早午餐.蛤蜊義大利麵.基隆美式餐廳.基隆特色餐廳
基隆餐廳

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5.一星期上2~3天班即可。6.酒店有合法執照,必須年滿18歲才能工作!7.不用直接面對客人收費,免去不必要的困擾。8.時薪約$900~$1200不等,若有心工作,一天平均收入4000~6000以上非難事!△兩者差異:「相對安全性」、「工作時間彈性」、「家人察覺」、「收入穩定酒店小姐妝與落差」、「如何向客人收錢」、「酒類提供」、「約束力」【總結】:酒店相對安全性高、薪資穩定!11.酒店有幾種類型:<>收入: 一節約120元至140元(十分鐘為一節/一星期上的天數越多,薪資算法越高)。尺度: 無需。外型: 中。酒量: 較高。時間: 晚場(時間短),一天工作約六小時。天數: 4天以上為上檔(星期為計算單位,正常班為4天起)。薪資: 週薪約1.5萬至2.5萬(週領或半個月領)。註:穿自己便服採公檯制,所以酒會喝比較多(因跑檯與混酒容易醉) 。<>收入: 1千5至2多寡來決定。 假使試做幾天後,什麼原因我需要考慮換店?!在「對的店家」一天賺$3000~$5000不是問題。在自我調整過後(如包廂應對等),仍沒有達到目標,而店裡生意也不差,妳就要思考在該店或許沒有競爭力,應該考慮換店、換跑道,而不是等店家開口要妳酒店上班好嗎離職。【選店就像選男友!!】 『白天不懂夜的黑!』是我們對剛入行的姊妹,時常說的一句話。因為不了解,所以有誤會。也就是常道聽塗說,所以造成錯誤的決定,加上八大的環境競爭,資訊與型態變化很快,3個月以上就算舊聞了。常有未入行公關問:「林森北路看起來比較亂,比較LOW耶?!」。「錯!沒有絕對的第一名,只有對妳而言的第一名。」簡單舉例:選店就像選男友。挑男友不是只挑好看的,要挑珍惜妳的。「要為自己量身訂做」,以台北為例,如住三重、蘆洲可就近選擇中山區,光通車的時間與金錢成本,就可以抵不少檯費了。若有消費客層年齡較高,太年輕的姊妹反而不吃香,因為有「代溝」。中山區也有許多高質感的店家,要相信經紀公司的專業判斷,(信義區也有土台客、鄉下也有時尚男),千萬別以區酒店pt域來論定一切喔!同一棟大樓有許多家酒店,或許看起來出入較複雜,但也容易聚集人氣,客流量也較高。因此要找出符合自己最優的選擇,是要專業與細心的評估,並非一窩蜂的躁進。【妳挑店家,店家也挑妳!】為了

 

Post a Comment

<< Home