Dove Knits

Saturday, May 26, 2007

I can stop any time I want.

And this, folks, is why I needed to go on a yarn diet!



That's ten (10. TEN. TEN!!!) Rubbermaid bins full of yarn, plus that big cardboard box, plus the canvas bag on the left, plus several skeins in my work basket (not shown). When I pulled it out into the dining room, I couldn't get around it.

I have since organized and catalogued all of it, and will post a list at some point, maybe!

Incidentally, I've been doing very well with the yarn diet, only buying things needed to finish a project. I got four skeins of Wool of the Andes for my dad's DNA vest, and when that turned out to be too much, turned the skeins into a teddy bear. I bought black Wool-Ease to finish the crazy-square afghan. And I bought 8 skeins of Shine Worsted for the secret publishing project, which I haven't even started on, so that was out of keeping with the diet, but hey, I'm human. And I've done a decent job destashing, too!

I've been tagged for the 7-things meme by both Amanda and Cara, so I guess I have no choice but to answer. So, here goes! (I did a similar one a bit ago, but this is all new.)

1. I married my first serious boyfriend, and I was his first girlfriend. In a word, we really lucked out!

2. I came very close to having a black belt in Shuri-Ryu karate.

3. I pierced most of my own ear piercings. With a stud earring. Only one ever got infected, and it was because I was fiddling with it after I pierced it.

4. I floss twice a day, every day. Incidentally, I haven't had a cavity since I started flossing regularly.

5. I've never been able to do a cartwheel.

6. I've lived in Moscow, Atlanta, middle-of-nowhere-Ohio, and Chicago. To people's disappointment, I have neither a Russian accent (though some claim that I do have a very slight one, most agree that I do not) nor a Southern one. If anything, I have a Midwestern accent. I attribute my general lack of accent to learning English by watching TV.

7. I had my very first Circus Peanuts last night, and I must say, they are as vile as I've always heard they are.

I'm not tagging anyone, because most of y'all have already done this, but hey, if you want to, go for it.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, your stash is impressive! But what's even more impressive is the fact that you really organized and catalogues it - I'm totally stunned, I mean, I would never in my life be organized enough to do so and I certainly applaud you for having managed to!
And my - you really did your ear-piercings by yourself? Ouch, ouch and three times ouch! I had one of my piercings done by my brother many, many years ago with an architect's compass and suffered big time throughout it - and afterwards! - so I can only begin to imagine how much it must have hurt! You're a brave girl, that's for sure!

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, circus peanuts are evil...and my stash is hideous as well!!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, that is a MASSIVE amount of yarn! Just have fun imagining all the projects it will become . . .

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

I wish I had a stash large of enough that I could catalogue it! Mine is so puny compared to yours.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Sourire11 said...

Ok that's some serious yarn... I'm kinda jealous :-)

So you lived in Moscow? That's awesome! What was it like? I've always wanted to go there...

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

How did you catalog all of it? On a spreadsheet? I'm tempted to catalog my stash [with pattern if it's planned for something] also, but don't want to do it unless the DH is out of the house for the day. Or maybe a weekend, tehe.

Now where can I send him?

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Prettybird said...

Holy cats! That's a lot of yarn! At Weight Watchers we learn all about portion control. Perhaps you need to start weighing and measuring your yarn???

r

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home