Dove Knits

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The other stash

That's right. NOT the yarn stash (which is slowly dwindling, as I haven't allowed myself to buy new yarn since *gulp* December!).

The diaper stash. This is what's been consuming most of my time and energy! I'm a horrible person, and the reason I wanted to use cloth diapers is that I wanted to try making them. (For that matter, that's also why we have cloth napkins, and had my husband not gone out and bought grocery bags, we'd have handmade ones of those, too.)

I've been at it for months, finding, washing, and ironing fabric, sifting through patterns, cutting, sewing...and last week, I finally finished!

Presenting, my diaper stash!



These are all pocket-style diapers, made of just two layers. The outside layer is flannel, and the inside is either suedecloth or old t-shirt. I used two different patterns, and made 24 Mama Bird's diapers (size Medium) and 12 RRPs (one-size).

They're stuffed with these, which are layers of terry or microfiber towels sewn inside a flannel casing.



Having pocket diapers is probably going to be a pain, but since the stuffers are sewn like that, I can easily lay them inside the diaper for faster changes, rather than stuffing them in the pockets. Also, this means that when Gnarly gets too big for these diapers, I only need to make the shells -- the stuffers are already done! Plus, we're using prefolds for the newborn period, and those make great stuffers, as well.

Of course, these need covers, so I sewed some (from the Chloe Toes pattern):



...and I knit some (Curly Purlies, Fern and Faerie, and a Warm Heart Woolies wrap):



I also made some cloth wipes (because I might as well use cloth wipes, plus I had scraps):



And a diaper stacker for the diapers to live in:



I recycled as much as I could, cutting up old t-shirts, flannel sheets and pajamas, and towels. I used flannel remnants from other sewing projects, too, and tried to use up the scraps for stuffers or wipes.

Watch her not fit any one of these. Just watch.

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Bea said...

You look like your ready for a little one to enter the world. I bet you are certainly physically ready. I'm so excited for you!

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous http://www.mapleontheweb.com said...

Goodness you've been busy. What a great idea for diapers, though.

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Wow, such an ambitious undertaking! You are all set:)

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Cronitty said...

I can't wait to see photo of your little baby girl. When my son was born I got addicted to cloth diapers... I was really addicted.
I l-o-v-e how they look. You did great job!!!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

So cleaver to make all that. I used cloth diapers way back when (but bought them) and they were recycled to cleaning or dusting rags eventually. Did you make the receiving blankets also?

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Alison said...

Wow! Just wow!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger munchkin mama said...

i salute you! thats the coolest thing ever!! well done you!

 
At 8:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how did they work?

 
At 2:46 AM, Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

酒店經紀 酒店小姐 酒店經紀公司
台北酒店工作 台北酒店經紀人 酒店兼差 台北酒店 便服店 禮服店 酒店 酒店工作 酒店上班時間 酒店上班薪水 酒店上班內容 現領 當日領
打工兼職 打工兼差 酒店營業時間
酒店經濟 酒店面試
酒店兼職 酒店公關 酒店上班 台北酒店上班 酒店打工 酒店工作內容 酒店pt
酒店經紀 酒店打工 酒店工作 酒店上班 酒店兼差 酒店兼職 打工兼差 打工兼職 台北酒店 酒店應徵 禮服店 酒店 經紀 打工 兼差便服店 台北酒店經紀 酒店薪水 酒店工作內容 酒店時間 酒店經濟 美式餐廳 台北咖啡廳 永康街咖啡廳
2015/08/27

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

good!
做酒店
2016/06/17

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger 三重古天樂 said...

好吃.好吃美食.小吃.美食.咖啡.咖啡豆.烘焙咖啡.餐廳.主題餐廳.基隆好吃.基隆餐廳.基隆美食餐廳.基隆餐廳推薦.基隆早午餐.蛤蜊義大利麵.基隆美式餐廳.基隆特色餐廳
基隆餐廳

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

の内容が含まれますので、お急ぎの方は、スルー願います。今回も、takezouさんに便乗して、中洲にやって参りました。前回は、お風呂ばかりで、台湾風俗デリ開拓がなかったためか、時間になり、待ち合わせ場所に行くも、さらに、半時間ほど待たされた後、 ようやくごはり台湾ってこともあり、女の子のレベルは高いです。可愛い子は多いので、

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

は日本人台湾に人気の観光地。台湾出身スタッフがおすすめする台湾台湾キャバクラ旅行で外せない観光スポット!人気の九フン(九份)や台北のシンボル「台北101」、グルメが楽しめる夜市、温泉や絶景スポットも!台北から高雄まで、台湾風俗旅行で行くべき人気観光名所が満載!
非常に親日的な国で、日本語を話せる方も多いことから日本人にとってはすごく旅行や観光のしやすい都市です。台湾の観光情報ガイド!名所や見所を探すなら台北ナビ。市内台北キャバクラ観光や文化遺産、歴史建造物、街並みに触れて、台湾を体感して下さい。

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

全家吸毒賭博 女星大義滅親報警 半夜輕生遇超自然現象
【回憶殺】家永遠是最溫暖的避風港,這句話對某些人來說,可能是一輩子的痛。48歲女星楊瓊華家境清寒,年僅13歲就拍社會寫實片《太妹檔案》出道,是《玫瑰瞳鈴眼》、《新玫瑰瞳鈴眼》及《戲說台灣》的固定班底演員,近年因飾演《花甲男孩轉大人》四嬸重新被年輕一輩的觀眾認識。
楊瓊華接演過各種角色,但家庭背景卻比劇本還要曲折。父母很早離異,身為長女的她從小被灌輸要賺錢養家的責任,年紀輕輕就扛起經濟重責,常常沒日沒夜的軋戲,最高紀錄五天才睡一次覺,如此賣命掙錢,總算在20幾歲買下一棟新房,卻遭母親嫌棄:「妳做演員就賺那麼一點?這風水不好,我不喜歡這裡。妳就賺這點錢,買這種房子啊?」不只如此,母親動不動就向她要錢,一次就是10幾萬,魔爪還伸向男友,連妹妹也有樣學樣,謊稱被倒會或開口討東西,楊瓊華即便知道是藉口,但從未戳破家人。直到某次,她發現媽媽帶頭弟妹吸毒、賭博,馬上要求他們振作,無奈母親本性難移,甚至會把楊瓊華的電話留給債主,忍無可忍之下,只好大義滅親報警,親手將家人送進監獄。沒想到妹妹在入獄前,載著小孩騎車自撞木箱,因為吸毒關係抵抗力不佳,酒店規定
楊瓊華只能拔管送走妹妹。歷經種種風霜,她對母親已心死,哭著說:「希望媽媽永遠不要出來。」
長年累月的家人言語霸凌,讓楊瓊華覺得自己不是媽媽親生的,加上演藝圈有不順的地方,一時想不開,半夜試圖結束生命,當晚住樓上的朋友夢見她要輕生,覺得不對勁下樓查看,即時將楊瓊華從鬼門關救回,巧合的讓她直呼很玄。

 
At 9:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

罕見奇景曝光!駱駝踏雪奔走 撒哈拉沙漠下雪了

炎熱的撒哈拉沙漠竟然下雪了。(圖/翻攝自Karim Bouchetata推特)
撒哈拉沙漠近日發生氣候異常的現象,一小鎮氣溫低至零下,而天空竟然降起靄靄大雪,覆蓋了撒哈拉沙漠大部分區域,駱駝走在白雪之上,形成十分難得一件的奇景。

駱駝搭配雪景,看起來非常奇特。(圖/翻攝自YouTube)
根據《每日郵報》報導指出,撒哈拉沙漠阿爾及利亞艾因塞弗拉小鎮(Ain Sefra)13日氣溫降至零下3度,而天空中竟然也順勢飄起雪花,棕黃色的沙漠被鋪上一層白色的飛雪,酒店工作
雖然不影響當地民眾的日常生活,但為處在赤道的撒哈拉沙漠竟然下起雪來,也是難得一見的奇景。
當時,攝影師布謝塔塔(Karim Bouchetata)就拿起攝影機,拍下這難得的畫面。而沙漠雖然都給人炎熱的感覺,但其實並非沒有降雪的前例,自1980年以來,該地區已經有3次的降雪紀錄,上一次降雪是2018年1月,當地小鎮被記錄到有40公分的積雪。

 

Post a Comment

<< Home