I can stop any time I want.
And this, folks, is why I needed to go on a yarn diet!
That's ten (10. TEN. TEN!!!) Rubbermaid bins full of yarn, plus that big cardboard box, plus the canvas bag on the left, plus several skeins in my work basket (not shown). When I pulled it out into the dining room, I couldn't get around it.
I have since organized and catalogued all of it, and will post a list at some point, maybe!
Incidentally, I've been doing very well with the yarn diet, only buying things needed to finish a project. I got four skeins of Wool of the Andes for my dad's DNA vest, and when that turned out to be too much, turned the skeins into a teddy bear. I bought black Wool-Ease to finish the crazy-square afghan. And I bought 8 skeins of Shine Worsted for the secret publishing project, which I haven't even started on, so that was out of keeping with the diet, but hey, I'm human. And I've done a decent job destashing, too!
I've been tagged for the 7-things meme by both Amanda and Cara, so I guess I have no choice but to answer. So, here goes! (I did a similar one a bit ago, but this is all new.)
1. I married my first serious boyfriend, and I was his first girlfriend. In a word, we really lucked out!
2. I came very close to having a black belt in Shuri-Ryu karate.
3. I pierced most of my own ear piercings. With a stud earring. Only one ever got infected, and it was because I was fiddling with it after I pierced it.
4. I floss twice a day, every day. Incidentally, I haven't had a cavity since I started flossing regularly.
5. I've never been able to do a cartwheel.
6. I've lived in Moscow, Atlanta, middle-of-nowhere-Ohio, and Chicago. To people's disappointment, I have neither a Russian accent (though some claim that I do have a very slight one, most agree that I do not) nor a Southern one. If anything, I have a Midwestern accent. I attribute my general lack of accent to learning English by watching TV.
7. I had my very first Circus Peanuts last night, and I must say, they are as vile as I've always heard they are.
I'm not tagging anyone, because most of y'all have already done this, but hey, if you want to, go for it.